Below you will find all the details and preparation information you will need to make your week at Caswell the best! Please take time to look over all the documents, print them out, and follow the step-by-step instructions below to ensure that you have all the documents that you will need for your chaperones, parents, and students for Youth Weeks 2013.
Please note that the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina has instituted a Background Check Policy convention-wide: Background checks must be completed by the church on all adults who will be chaperoning, teaching small group studies or accompanying youth from your church to the North Carolina Baptist Assembly. The Policy contains a form which verifies that the background checks have been completed; this form will be submitted to Caswell at the time of registration. This policy can be found below.
The Church Group Devotion booklet can also be found below. This will help you prepare for your time with the students from your church each evening at camp. Some supplies are needed, so make sure to read this before you arrive at camp. Also, host a meeting before you leave for camp for parents and teens together by using the pre-camp devotion to guide you. Invite a notary to this meeting and have all your forms notarized at once.
We need at least TWO volunteers from each church to help with Small Group Studies. The small group time will revolve around activities that reinforce the teaching points made during the large group Middle School and High School study times in Hatch, and we will need two adults in each classroom, one to lead the study and one to assist. The Small Group Study Leaders Guide can be found on this page as well. Please let Sandy Crute of the Youth Ministry Office know who among your group is willing to serve. You can contact her at 1-800-395-5102, ext. 5566 or Youth.Evangelism@ncbaptist.org.
2013 Summer Youth Weeks
1. Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 5.0 or higher. You will need it to open all of the documents. If not you can download it free (click here).
2. Open the PDF document Preparation Packet
3. Print one full copy
4. Make copies of the Adult Leader/Chaperone Guidelines section for ALL of your adult volunteers
5. Make copies of the Camp Rules section for ALL of your adults AND students
6. Open the PDF document Participant's Form
7. Print one copy
8. Make two copies for EVERYONE attending camp (everyone will need to have both copies notarized before you come to camp)
9. Open the PDF document Monday Quiet Time
10. Print one copy
11. Make copies for EVERYONE attending camp
12. Open the document Small Group Study Leaders Guide
13. Print one copy for EACH Small Group Study Leader (each church is requested to supply two volunteer Small Group Study leaders)
14. Open the document Packing List
15. Print one copy for EACH student and adult, so that they will know how to pack accordingly
16. Open the document Camp Schedule
17. Print one copy for EACH Student and Adult, so that they can become familiar with the schedule
18. Open and print one copy of each of the following PDF documents:
a. Church Group Devotions Booklet
b. Mission Offering Letter
c. Quiet Time Suggestions
d. Registration Checklist
e. Background Check Policy
f. Caswell Guest-Counselor Registration Form
g. Responsibility Agreement
h. T-Shirt Order Form
i. Hatch Seating Chart